Stop Letting the Media Spoon-Feed You What’s Really Important
As many of you know, I was a TV news anchor/Managing Editor/News Director for a long time. I won several awards for excellence in journalism and was honored by the US House of Representatives and the State of Michigan for my reporting after the attacks of 9/11. Yes, most of you know me as a radio editorialist, commentator, pontificator, monologist and entertainer but , I am well-versed at being a journalist. What we’re seeing from the Big Media is NOT journalism. It is, in fact, activism. Before you have a fit and tell me how you weep for the death of a lion in Zimbabwe, I have a few questions for you:
- Had you ever heard of this lion before a couple of weeks ago?
- Can you find Zimbabwe on a map?
- Do you know how the people of Zimbabwe feel about this story?
- Do you know people there are more worried about food, electricity, and jobs then they are about this lion?
- Name the military men killed in Chattanooga?
- Name the police officer killed in Memphis?
- Tell me the connection between the Garland, TX terrorist attack and the Obama administration’s “Fast and Furious” gun-running program?
- Tell me how many Planned Parenthood-dealing-in-baby-parts videos have been released?
- Tell me the details of the Iran nuclear deal this administration has made?